Wednesday, July 29, 2015
water weight
Today I am 33 weeks and 5 days into pregnancy. I am 8 weeks and 1 day into bed rest.
Today I spend in the hospital. Well, really I got here last night because my BP was high at the doctors visit yesterday and that along with a SIXTEEN lb weight gain in two weeks warranted an overnight stay in the hospital.
16 lbs in two weeks. That's over a lb a day in water that I have been retaining. The only way to combat this is to drink MORE water, which I have been chugging ever since I got here yesterday. And, it's worked! As of this morning I have lost 5 lbs so far. (You don't know it, but I am grinning right now about this.)
As you already know, I think bed rest sucks. Royally. But bedrest while gaining excessive weight is totally worse. And discouraging. And crappy!
In addition to my over night 5 lb weight loss, other good news... I think I'll be having a baby in like two weeks. Eek. It is exciting and absolutely freaking terrifying.
It's amazing to me that there is a baby inside of me right now that could survive outside of me. But he's still in me. It's creepy and wonderful, and wonderfully creepy, too.
I am going to have a son in my arms in just a few weeks. A little tiny half me, half Matt. It's extremely intimidating and a life altering reality. What an honor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm SO proud of you and how positive you have been through this entire journey. I know it's been anything but easy but I know that you are going to be an INCREDIBLE mother and I am so privileged to call you my friend.
ReplyDelete