Sunday, July 19, 2015

bed rest baby.



6 weeks and 5 days into bed rest. The kind of bed rest where you can get up, go to the bathroom, make yourself a bowl of cereal and sit your big pregnant butt back on the couch or lay in bed.

If one more person says to me, "I wish I could sit at home and watch Netflix all day..."
God help me.  I wish that I could:
Have a baby shower
Attend a 4th of July celebration
Go out to dinner for my birthday 
Walk around the block
Go to the grocery store

Don't get me wrong, Netflix is fabulous. I love Netflix. But one can only take so much Netflix, TV, books, Facebook day in and day out for 6 weeks and counting!

Yes, laying around on the couch is comfy... for a little while. Then your back starts to hurt. So you reposition, move around, add pillows. Then you start to ache somewhere else. But it's only 11am, I still have the rest of the day...!

Forgive me for complaining. I am large, uncomfortable, pregnant and down right bitchy.

And if you're wondering if, by chance through all my negative comments, do I see all the positives? I do.

My son is healthy. I get to feel him kick me all the time. He is thriving in my womb even though my high blood pressure environment isn't ideal. I have great friends and family support. My husband is so kick ass, really. He's the best at loving me through this, while I am surely hard to love all the time right now.

But still, bed rest sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment