Sunday, July 26, 2015
tired.
7 weeks and 5 days into this bed rest pregnancy journey.
My back and my butt hurt. A lot. The baby has spent most of his time really high in my belly and definitely towards my front. But two days ago I noticed that I don't feel him as much when I push on my belly. About the same time, two days ago, I started having gnarly back pain on my right side. The little guy must be moving back towards my back more - how pleasant. My butt pain is like sciatic nerve pain - also very pleasant.
My medications make me sleepy. I love to sleep. However, for the first time in my life I am having a hard time getting comfortable and falling asleep.
Oh yeah, I'm pregnant.
Last night I got into bed at about 11pm and watched Netflix until I forgot about my back pain and finally fell asleep around 1. Then I slept in until 10am. This was lovely. Then Matt came home from overtime and we napped from 1:30-4pm. This was even more lovely! But now it's about 7pm and I am ready to go back to bed. Is this sleepiness 'just being pregnant' as everyone tells me? Or is it my medication mixed with the depression that comes along with bed rest? Or is it possible that along with my loss of muscle mass I am also losing all ( and I mean ALL ) of my energy?
I want to be enjoyable to be around. I want to have new things to talk about with my family members as they sit with me on the couch day in and day out. But my god, it's exhausting trying to pretend to have energy.
And I'm tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment